EFFECTIVE 4/1/2021 - All Connecticut COVID regulations impacting campgrounds have relaxed. The below policies were in effect during the many months of the pandemic, but no longer apply.
We have been working hard since this pandemic hit Connecticut to prepare and adjust our operations internally and externally to be able to provide a safe but still welcoming experience for you and your family.
Some of the policies we have put in place for your safety include: (these are updated to current CT Covid policies)
- Please use back entrance to access the park (105 Westford Hill Road) for easier access to short-term stay sites.
- Do not check-in at the office. Due to COVID and a limited amount of people allowed in the store, we are doing all check-ins remotely.
- The pool (which is operational from Memorial until Labor day) is open and operating without signups. No rafts/floats in the pool. No glass or pets. Children under 14 need a parent present. Open 10am to 7pm (or dusk) daily.
- Playgrounds are open, rec buildings are open with limitations, common spaces are open with limitations
- We now ask that you use the self check-in option on your email confirmation. When you receive your reservation reminder, there will now be a button at the bottom of the reservation that you click to self check-in. This will alert the office that you have arrived. This will allow you to avoid the crowds and not have to worry about intermingling with people you haven't been around.
- Car tags have been eliminated until further notice.
- If you do not remember where your site is you can call the office, or view the park map on the app. We can also email you a map to your site through CampersApp.
- We have implemented the use of a new tool - Campers App - which can be downloaded for free from both App Store & Google Play
- Our code is "Brialee" and you will have access to everything you need to be able to still camp safely with your family.
- Through the app, all essential and store items will be available for purchase for either curb-side pickup outside the store or on weekends we will have staff available to deliver curb-side to your site (they will leave at the front of the site, road-side, while you are further back in your site, maintaining the social distancing recommendations. Any delivery staff will be outfitted and handling things as recommended by CDC.
- Camp store / office is now open - with a 4 person limit at a time - masks are required when inside store.
- Some events will be postponed and/or modified until the point when social distancing and group gathering guidelines have been modified. We will do our best to continue to provide a great experience for you - but hope you realize that just being here and being outdoors with your family, instead of confined to your space at home, is a tremendous benefit during these stressful times.
- We ask that you use your judgement and try to stay within the confines of the people you are comfortable being with.
- All social distancing rules as recommended by CDC and federal government must be followed.
- Kids can ride their bikes and play in and around their sites and around the park - they do not need to wear masks.
- Fishing is allowed and encouraged (please honor social distancing rules / bait is sold in the app and in the store).
- You are welcome to bring your own kayaks, tubes, floats, or paddleboards to enjoy the water.
- Our beach shack is open for rental of paddleboats, kayaks, and a canoe. We provide life jackets.
- The pond is open, trout have been stocked, and fishing has been great so far.
- Services such as propane, wood, ice can be ordered through CampersApp and can be delivered to your site on weekends.
- The virtual store now contains most items found in the store. If you can't get the app to work, you can also call us and we can place your order for you and have it delivered.
- The camp store is open with limitations in place - like a limit on the number of people in the store at one time (4 max), children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult, and face masks are required while in the store.
- Certain activities will require the use of masks while within less than 6 feet of others, or at the exchange of materials/information. Please reference CampersApp activities descriptions regarding the usage and requirement for masks.
- If you are more comfortable having items delivered - we can do that for you - just call - we offer delivery on Fridays and Saturdays.
- If you are checking out (last day of your reservation), please use CampersApp to check-out (right on the main page) so we can follow up and send maintenance to your site to clean it. Ordinarily they would move from site to site, but at this time they will be doing this work midweek only when the number of people in the park is significantly lower.
This is in an effort to help you ensure we are truly looking out for ALL of our camping families. If everyone works together, we can make this happen successfully!