Terms of Service
Please make sure that your RV/Camper/Travel Trailer or Teardrop will fit on the site when you are booking.
Camping On The Battenkill cannot be held responsible if you are relocated or cannot be accommodated due to the incorrect site being booked online!
2023 Campsite Rates
April 21st - October 9th
Check-in time: 2:00PM / Check-out time: 12:00PM
All rates include up to 2 Adults (16 years and over) and up to 2 Children (under the age of 16 years.)
6 people per site maximum
2 vehicles per site maximum
3 pets per site maximum
NOTE: NEW TENT POLICY: We no longer allow Tents to be pitched alongside Campers. Please do not ask us as we will have to say no.
RV Sites: 2 Adults/ 2 Children (Max 6), (1 Camper + 1 Shade Cover)
Tent Sites: 2 Adults/ 2 Children (Max 6), (2 Tents + 1 Shade Cover)
Lean To: 2 Adults/ 2 Children (Max 6), (1 Tent or 1 Camper + 1 Shade Cover)
2 Adults/ 2 Small Children or 3 Adults Maximum (3 Night Minimum, 2 Vehicles Maximum).
Public Holiday Weekends:
There is a minimum 3 night stay on the following public holidays:
Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Columbus Day.
We treasure our campground and honor our campers. Together we can make this a place for families and friends to spend time, have fun, and reconnect with nature. Please familiarize yourself with the policies of this campground so that we can all enjoy what it has to offer. THANK YOU!
- ALL campers must register and pay before setting up camp.
- OFFICE HOURS: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM daily.
- CHECK IN TIME: 2:00 PM
- CHECK OUT TIME: 12:00 Noon
- QUIET TIME: 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. No loud noises, including radios, anytime.
- MAXIMUM PEOPLE PER SITE: 6
- MAXIMUM VEHICLES PER SITE: 2
- SPEED LIMIT: 5 MPH everywhere on campground. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.
- RV SITE PRICES: Includes 2 Adults & 3 Children, 1 Camper & 1 Shade Cover (6 people per site Max). NOTE: Tents alongside a camper are NOT allowed.
- TENT SITE PRICES: Includes 2 Adults, 3 Children & 2 Tents ONLY.
- OVERNIGHT VISITORS / GUESTS OF REGISTERED CAMPERS: Adults $10 per person per night, Children $5.00 per child per night. Visitors must display a car pass while on park property.
- VISITORS / GUESTS OF REGISTERED CAMPERS: Visitors must follow ALL PARK RULES & REGULATIONS at all times and it is the registered camper’s duty to ensure that they comply. All visitors must check in at the office to pay a visitors fee.
- VISITORS’ PETS: Per our property insurance, visitors are NOT permitted to bring their pets.
- CAMPSITES: The head of each campsite must be 21 years of age and accept responsibility for the actions of the entire group.
- CHILDREN: An adult must supervise children at all times. Parents are responsible for any disturbance or destruction by children in their care. Camping on The Battenkill takes no responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries.
- PETS: Pets are welcome, but they must be on a leash at all times except in the dog run area which is located near the office. Pet owners are responsible for picking up and disposing of all their pet’s droppings. Pets are never to be left unattended. Not permitted in the play area on the open field or at the beach area. (If you want to take your pet for a swim, please take them downstream of the beach area.) We reserve the right to limit the number of pets per site. If any pet is creating a disturbance, they may be asked to leave immediately.
- CANCELLATION / DEPOSIT & REFUNDS:
• A 1-night reservation fee per site is required for all stays.
• Deposit is refundable if notice is given more than 14 Day prior to the date of arrival, minus a $20.00 Administration Service Fee.
• Deposit is non-refundable if cancelled less than 14 days prior to date of arrival.
• Deposits on a 3-day holiday weekend (Memorial Day, 4th July, Labor Day and Columbus Day) are non-refundable at any time.
• We do not offer refunds for early departures due to illness, work schedule changes, job loss, inclement weather, acts of nature, or any events beyond the Campground’s control.
- COMPLAINTS / COMPLIMENTS: If you have any complaints, please let us know at the office! If you have any compliments, please let everyone else know.
- BICYCLES: Bicycles are allowed only on established roads and trails.
- ELECTRIC HEATERS: Not allowed.
- PRIVATE GOLF CARTS: Not allowed.
- FIREARMS & FIREWORKS: Not allowed.
- GENERATORS: Not allowed.
- MOTORCYCLES: Designated areas only!
- FIRES & FIRE RINGS: Fires are permitted in fire rings only. Do not move fire rings. Do not leave fires unattended.
- FIREWOOD: Vermont law prohibits out of state firewood due to the spread of forest pests. Local firewood is for sale at the office during hours.
- INTERNET: See front of the map.
- TREES: Our trees and plants are very precious. Please DO NOT cut or peel the bark from trees or drive nails into them.
- FISHING: The Battenkill River has special regulations. A fishing license is required and is Catch-and-Release only.
- TRASH: Recycling and trash bins at main entrance.
- VEHICLES: You are limited to two vehicles per site. Vehicles may park on the site only and not in the roadway or on someone else’s site. Extra parking is available at the overflow parking area. The playground is just that, a children’s playground. No vehicles at all.
- WASHING DISHES: Washing dishes is not permitted in the bathrooms. An outdoor sink is near the Wood Bathroom with hot & cold water.
- WATER: NO discharging of water, including gray water, from camping vehicle is permitted at the campsite, ONLY at the dumping station. Ask at office for our friendly Honey Wagon service.
- SAFETY & DISCLAIMER: Please secure your own valuables. Camping on the Battenkill and the owners or staff accept zero liability for loss or damage to property or injury to campers and their visitors while they are on the premises.
The camper and all members of his/her group agree that in consideration of the rental (whether a campsite, general facility or equipment), Camping On The Battenkill shall not be responsible for loss or damage to property, or injury to person, occurring in or around grounds owned by Camping On The Battenkill, by reason of any existing or future condition, defect, matter, or thing on said lands or for acts, omissions or negligence of other persons or camper in or around the premises. The campers agree to indemnify and hold Camping On The Battenkill harmless from all claims and liability for loss of or damages to property, or injury to persons occurring in or around the campground.
By accepting this reservation, Guest hereby waives, releases and discharges and covenants not to sue The Camping on the Battenkill for all claims and liability for personal injury, accidents, property damage, any other claim arising out of or in connection with Guests’ use of the Rental/Property. Further, Guest agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Camping on the Battenkill from all losses, claims, expenses and demands, including attorneys’ fees, that The Camping on the Battenkill may incur arising out of or in connection with Guests’ use of the Rental/Property. Guest further agrees to be responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in their group. The Camping on the Battenkill reserves the right to remove any renter, occupant or guest who is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a State sexual offender registration program.
Pet Policy: We are a pet-friendly resort, but pets must be walked on a leash, cleaned up after and may not disturb other guests. Pets are the responsibility of the owner. Management reserves the right to restrict disruptive or aggressive breeds.
Management shall not be held liable or responsible for non-utilization of package components or loss of recreational opportunities due to weather or any other circumstances beyond our control.
The Camping on the Battenkill or its management bears no responsibility for any loss or damage to any person or property or thing howsoever caused.
The management reserves the right to evict any day user, guest, camper or group of campers for any cause.