Terms of Service
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR STAY:
- If you are bringing a pet, please make sure you have up-to-date RABIES VACCINATION CERTIFICATES for EVERY pet or they can NOT be admitted to thecampground. Rabies tags are not sufficient. Unfortunately, we are unable to make any exceptions to this NY State requirement. Tags or vet receipts are not acceptable replacements.
- If you are staying in a cabin or rental trailer, please note linens, blankets, pillows and towels are NOT provided. Please check lodging descriptions on our website under Rates and Reservations for specific bed sizes for your particular lodging rental or call us at 607-264-8431.
Shadow Brook Campground's Mission Statement
Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground's mission is to provide a family campground that is a place of peace and tranquility to all who visit... to which families and friends are drawn... where everyone is welcome and made to feel welcome... to gather together to find calm, relaxation, fun and respite from the stresses of daily life, while encouraging tolerance, giving back to the community and protecting the planet.
Shadow Brook Campground Rules
The following rules and helpful information are in place to ensure an enjoyable camping experience for everyone. All campers are responsible for informing their children and guests of these policies.
Minimum of 50% deposit required for all non-holiday reservations. All holiday reservations require payment in full when making reservations, including Baseball Hall of Fame Induction weekend. All online reservations require payment in full at time of reservation.
OFF PEAK SEASON Reservations (Opening Day through Thursday before Memorial Day and Labor Day through Closing Day), NOT including HOLIDAY weekends, HALLOWEEN Weekends or HALL OF FAME Weekend reservations: if cancelled 31 days or more before check-in date, refund less $25 processing fee. If cancelled between 15 and 30 days prior to check in date, 50% cancellation fee, and less than 15 days prior, NO refund will be issued.
PEAK SEASON WEEKEND Reservations (the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day): If cancelled 31 days or more prior to reservation, refund less 1 night stay processing fee. If cancelled 30 or less days prior, NO refund will be issued. HOLIDAY WEEKENDS, HALLOWEEN WEEKENDS IN SEPTEMBER AND HALL OF FAME WEEKEND: Non-Refundable
Campground Safety Rules:
• Speed limit is 5 MPH, including bicycles. You will be driving VERY slowly. IT SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY.
• Quiet time is 10:00PM until 8:00AM, Sunday through Thursday nights and 11:00 PM until 8AM Fridays, Saturdays and holiday weekends, defined as noise should not travel.
• Children under 8 must be accompanied by parent or guardian at all times.
• Children under 18 must be at their campsite by dark or accompanied by parent or guardian.
• Campers may not bring their own firewood to campground unless it is from a 50 mile radius as per NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation.
• Bicycle helmets MUST be worn by children under 16. NO exceptions. Bicycles must be at site by dusk. No bike riding near campground entrance.
• No golf carts, ATVs, motorized scooters, skateboards or roller blades, except by employees of the campground. Licensed drivers only may drive on campground property. No driving on campground after alcohol consumption.
• One RV or tent per site per NYS Health Department rules. Second tent is permitted for children only.
• No firearms, ammunition, air guns, BB guns, crossbows, bows and arrows, chain saws, sling shots, fireworks of any kind or fresh kill allowed on campground property.
• Catch and release fishing only. No capturing of ANY animal including, but not limited to frogs, turtles or butterflies, without permission of management. Please respect our wildlife. We ask that you return the fish to the water quickly to cause the least amount of trauma to the fish as possible.
• Paddle boat rentals allowed during office/store hours only. They can be rented in the store for $5 per person. Life jackets must be worn for entire ride and hung up in rec hall upon docking.
• NO outside boats, kayaks, canoes or inflatables allowed in pond due to NYS DEC regulations.
• All vehicles must display camping pass, visitor pass or seasonal pass at all times.
• Fire rings cannot be moved. A $20 fee for moving a fire ring will be charged. Campfires in provided fire rings only. Campfires must be attended at ALL times.
• No foraging for firewood or cutting/breaking of trees allowed. A $200 fine will be charged for cutting or breaking of trees.
• Garbage and recycling to be bagged seperately and placed at campsite curb between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM and again from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Please use green recycle bins for deposit cans and bottles. Proceeds are donated to St. Judes Children's Hospital. All non-deposit recyclable plastic, glass and metal should be disposed of in the blue recycle bins. Paper and cardboard can be burned in your fire rings.
• No disruptive behavior. Disorderly contact will not be tolerated. No underage drinking or illegal drugs. We reserve the right to evict anyone at any time or refuse entrance to anyone violating the campground policies.
It is our goal at Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground to make everyone feel comfortable, welcome and at home. With that in mind, we ask that your site and speech not express any words that would make anyone feel uncomfortable, unsafe or unwelcome.
No flags, banners or signage is allowed with the exception of the following:
• American flags or national flags of another existing country
• Sports teams
• Welcome signs, Home Sweet Home, family names or similar signage
No political flags, banners or signage allowed. No confederate flags, banners or signage. No swastikas or Nazi images permitted. No representation of any words or symbols promoting hate or discrimination against any race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or gender. No profanity audible outside of your own campsite. No hate speech AT ALL. Words of kindness are stongly encouraged. All rules are open to the discretion of management and those exhibiting unruly behavior will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
Your well behaved, non-aggressive, quiet pets are welcome on our RV & Tent sites. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets. Pets may be considered in pet designated rental units, but must be preapproved at time of making your reservation.
• A copy of a recent rabies vaccination MUST be presented at registration. Rabies tags or vet receipts are NOT accepted.
• Pets must be kept in your camping unit during quiet time.
• At no time, may a pet be left alone or unattended. Do not tie or chain pets to trees or tables outside of your own site.
• Pets must be kept on a maximum 6 foot leash when being walked or a maximum 6 foot run when tied at your campsite.
• Please clean up after your pet and use our Pet Waste stations. A fine of $20 will be issued for not picking up after your pet.
• No pets allowed in any campground buildings, the pond, or the swimming pool area, without the expressed consent of management.
• Pet Owners are 100% liable for any injuries or property damage caused by their pets.
• Campground must be advised of breed(s) of your dog.
Cabin and Trailer Rentals:
Linens can be purchased in the store. Please bring your own towels and bedding. There are limited cooking and eating utensils and drinkware provided in the cabin and trailer rentals with additional items for purchase in the General Store. No smoking is permitted in any of our loidgings. If it is found that smoking as occured during your stay your card on file will be charged a $150 cleaning fee.
Our swimming pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend for registered campers only. There is No Lifeguard on Duty and there must be 2 adults present, age 18 or older, inside the pool fence, for anyone to swim. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, while in the pool area. Complete rules and hours are posted poolside and must be read before entering the pool. Please request the NYS Department of Health pool rules form, which must be signed at campground office at check in time or prior to entering the pool area. (New York State Law)
• Cash or credit cards only at check in. Checks accepted only for advance reservations (45 days prior to arrival).
• Site rate includes 4 people. Maximum of 6 persons in Cabins, RV and Tent sites. An extra fee applies for more than 4 people at a site. Maximum persons in Rental Trailers vary by size of trailer - 2 to 6 persons maximum - depending on unit.
• Maximum of 4 visitors to your site, and no more than 6 people on a site at any given time. All Visitors must register at office and pay fee before entering campground. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets per NYS Health Department. Visitors must depart campground by 10:00 PM or pay overnight fee.
• Maximum of 2 vehicles at your site per local code ordinance. Overflow parking is available. Inquire at campground office.
• Check in from 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM. Check in after 7pm must be arranged in advance. Check out time is before 12:00 PM for RV and tent sites and 11:00 AM for any and all rental units. Any exception to check in/check out times must be preapproved by campground management and fees apply. As a courtesy to your fellow campers, no check in to the campground is allowed after 9:00 PM.
Camping has inherent risks associated with outside activities. Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground, its owners and employees, are not responsible for any injuries or damages occurring as part of the inherent risks of any camping environment. Complete campground rules are posted at campground and furnished to guests at registration/check-in. Please abide all campground rules.