Covid & Inf. Disease Plan
Thanks for choosing Evergreen Bay Resort.
At Evergreen Bay resort, we strive to provide our guests a clean, comfortable and safe environment. This has always been our goal, and this year because of COVID-19 we will be following MN guidance and CDC recommendations. We hope to provide you peace of mind that we are doing everything we can to mitigate the spread of the virus while you and your loved one’s are enjoying your stay by relaxing and making great memories.
Please keep in mind we continue to do all regular items, plus those items the state conducts with respect to inspections, water testing and such. The following are a listing of what differently this year specifically related to the virus.
- In addition to rigorous cleaning the cabins before you arrive we will be disinfecting between guests with stronger EPA approved chemical for COVID-19, prior to your arrival, those outside items assigned specifically to your cabin (such as picnic table, chairs, and exterior of the grill). During your stay, you may disinfect these items as you wish. We will provide disinfecting spray if needed. We ask all unrelated guests not to use the exterior items of other cabins unless invited specifically to do so by the cabin occupant.
- To promote hand washing and good hygiene, we will be providing hand soap at the sinks and showers of each cabin. These soap bars will be new and individually wrapped upon your arrival. If you need an additional bar during your stay, come see us. Discard all soap upon your departure.
- Once daily we will spray disinfectant, to the best of our ability, on the common area items such as the beach seating, playground, stand up paddle boards, paddle boat, kayaks, life jackets and canoe. Because it is impossible to disinfect these items upon each use during the day, signage in areas will ask you to disinfect these items before you use them. We will provide disinfectant spray for you use near the beach. Items placed in the water such as swim dock, bouncy, slide etc. and other outside equipment ie volleyball net, badminton net and basketball hoop will not be disinfected.
- We will be practicing social distancing in our interactions with you throughout your stay, such as keeping a 6-foot distance in face to face interaction and providing a plexiglass barrier on the lodge counter. We will also be wearing face masks and gloves while completing various tasks. Please be sure we are not being unsociable, just socially responsible in these regards and following expert guidance.
- We will provide sanitizer stations located outside buildings throughout the resort in areas of high traffic for you to use.
- We will spray disinfectant on reserved boats and the pontoons prior guests use.
- We will implement a process so you can complete your registration before arriving versus having to come to the office upon arrival. The registration form will be sent by email before your scheduled arrive and we will ask this to be completed BEFORE your arrival at the resort. You can then go directly to your cabin upon arrival. This will help streamline check-in and eliminate large unrelated groups gathering at the office attempting to check in. An updated bill reflecting pet fees and extra person charges, rentals etc will be emailed to you so that payment may be made via phone and credit card. If you can not access your email, a bill can be delivered to your cabin.
- The day prior to you checking out, we will email or bring a bill to your cabin stating any charges incurred during your stay and remaining balance due. You can then check out in a few different ways: One you can phone and pay by credit card, or you can come into the lodge and make payment by check, whatever you are comfortable with.
- With respect to large gatherings: per the Governors Executive Order 20-04, we are required to close our public games. We will also restrict access to the lodge to one related group of people at a time. If we recognize too many at once are in the store, we may ask some to exit until others are finished.
- Per Minnesota Department of Health guidelines, and in an effort to regulate non-related parties gathering in groups, we regrettably will not be having a pot luck/meet and greet this year.
- Signage will be posted in cabins and outside to remind guests about social distancing, good hygiene and other items to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- We will be removing all pillows, blankets and quilts from within the cabins. These items were typically laundered on a scheduled basis and we do not have enough supply of these to launder weekly. As a result, we will be asking you to bring these items from home this year. Sorry for the inconvenience but I hope you understand the need for safety. We will still be providing flat and fitted sheets and mattress pads, since we have enough of these to launder and sanitize between each guest use as recommended by CDC cleaning guidlines.
- We will be providing a linen bag in each cabin and asking that you strip the beds upon departure. This will minimize our cleaners to exposure of these items.
- We always clean and disinfect our cabins to a high standard, and we hope that is apparent to our guests. We will be implementing additional disinfecting procedures within the cabins specifically to include “touch point” areas such as knobs, handles, switches, pull chains, etc. to ensure that those are disinfected as well as cleaned and using EPA approved disinfecting agents as recommended by CDC.
- We will be removing items from cabins that guests “share” from one visit to another that cannot be easily cleaned (such as decks of cards, pens, the bedside alarm clock, etc.). We ask that you bring your own from home if you wish.
- We will also be removing the following items from cabins, but they will be available in the office/store for you: local area brochures, restaurant menus, local business flyers, etc.
- We are asking those that have been ill, or have shown any symptoms of the virus within 14 days of their arrival to the resort, that you follow recommended medical guidelines and not expose others. This would include those care givers or family members who have come in contact with ill individuals.
WOW that’s a LOT. We may not have listed everything we are doing, but as you can see, we are making every attempt to consider how items may impact you during your stay with us.
Some cause us to remove or prevent access to previously provided resort amenities and areas during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but these are necessary per MN state directives and are intended to further mitigate the spread of the virus.
We do not believe the above will prevent you from enjoying the resort and the surrounding exterior areas, beach and lake to the fullest during your stay with us like you always have.
Please understand that we may alter our operational procedures on an ongoing basis based on directives from the state and the department of health, or as circumstances dictate.
Thank you again for choosing Evergreen Bay Resort.