Terms of Service
By accepting this reservation, Guest hereby waives, releases and discharges and covenants not to sue Family Adventure Camp/Longhorn Council, BSA for all claims and liability for personal injury, accidents, property damage, any other claim arising out of or in connection with Guests’ use of the Rental/Property. Further, Guest agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Family Adventure Camp/Longhorn Council, BSA from all losses, claims, expenses and demands, including attorneys’ fees, that Family Adventure Camp/Longhorn Council, BSA may incur arising out of or in connection with Guests’ use of the Rental/Property. Guest further agrees to be responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in their group. Family Adventure Camp/Longhorn Council, BSA reserves the right to remove any renter, occupant or guest who is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a State sexual offender registration program.
Management shall not be held liable or responsible for non-utilization of package components or loss of recreational opportunities due to weather or any other circumstances beyond our control.
Family Adventure Camp/Longhorn Council, BSA or its management bares no responsibility for any loss or damage to any person or property or thing howsoever caused.
The management reserves the right to evict any day user, guest, camper or group of campers for any cause.
Keeping Youth Safe Policy
Family Adventure Camp (FAC) has adopted the following policies for the safety and well-being of all attendees. These policies primarily protect youth attendees; however, they also serve to protect adult attendees. When we provide an encouraging environment for youth, positive experiences can flourish.
· FAC is open to all families camping and attending for the day. We request that there be at least one youth per party (Friday – Sunday).
· All adult attendees will have a background check conducted by FAC prior to arrival per the State of Texas, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 265, Subchapter B: Texas Youth Camps Safety and Health.
o FAC has the right to refuse entrance to any adult who does not fulfill the background check/approval process.
· Only attendees listed on the reservation are permitted at FAC. If you need to add an additional attendee, the Concierge Team can assist upon arrival.
· One-on-one contact between adult and youth attendees is prohibited (parent/guardian and youth relationship excluded). Two adults must be present at all activities and experiences (one adult could be a staff member).
· All persons at FAC share the responsibility for safety. Additionally, adult attendees are required to acknowledge and adhere to the FAC Code of Conduct.
· All persons are responsible for treating each other with respect and dignity.
· No form of media, digital or otherwise, including but not limited to, cell phones, cameras, recording equipment, shall be used in restrooms/showers, changing areas.
· Please only use media devices where it relates to your immediate party unless the proper authorization is received for members outside of your reservation.
· Separate sleeping accommodations must be made for all those outsides of your family.
o Family members from the same household may utilize the same accommodations.
§ Current programs in the BSA may have additional requirements.
· Only utilize your assigned accommodations unless you receive approval to enter a different site.
· Adults and staff should emphasize travel in groups of 2 or more. Families are encouraged to participate in experiences together. Some activities do require adult participation with youth.
· Discipline should be constructive
· Behavior not conducive to a Family friendly Adventure environment will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis which could include, but is not limited to: corrective action, removal from property, limited or permanent ban of future participation.
· All persons have a responsibility to recognize, respond to and report all “Keeping Youth Safe” violations and abuse to the Welcome Center.
o If you see something, say something.
Family Adventure Camp - Code of Conduct
Family Adventure Camp (FAC) Values:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind,
Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
1. I will do my best to live up to the FAC values, obey all laws, and hold others in attendance accountable to those standards. I will exercise sound judgment and demonstrate good leadership while in attendance.
2. I will adhere to the Keeping Youth Safe Policy.
3. I will keep my language and behavior clean and respectful.
4. I will not possess, distribute, transport, consume, or use any of the following items prohibited by law or camp rules:
a. Alcoholic beverages or controlled substances, including marijuana
b. Concealed or unconcealed firearms, fireworks, or explosives
c. Pornography or materials containing words or images inconsistent with FAC values
d. Tobacco products of any kind, including vaping
5. If I am taking prescription medications with the potential of impairing my functioning or judgment, I will not engage in activities that could put anyone at risk.
6. I will ensure the safety and enjoyment of others by speaking up in following the Keeping Youth Safe Policy.
7. I will do my best to ensure that my family has a great experience.