The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments have issued emergency orders, placing restrictions on travel, public gatherings, and conduct in public places, generally. The emergency orders have further resulted in access restrictions and closures of certain public places and amenities.
Powder Horn Family Camping Resort, Inc. (the “Resort”) has put in place preventative measures in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Resort cannot guarantee that you or your guests will not become infected with COVID-19. Visiting the Resort and using any shared amenities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. Further, the Resort assumes no responsibility to enforce or monitor your or other guests’ compliance with the COVID Regulations (as defined below) and makes no representations as to the safety of staying at the Resort or assurances as to the compliance of other guests with the COVID Regulations. By signing this Agreement, I acknowledge that I have been warned of the contagious nature of COVID-19 and notified of my obligations to abide by the COVID Regulations, and I freely and voluntarily assume any and all risks that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 during my stay at the Resort and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand the risk of being exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Resort may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Resort employees, volunteers, and other guests.
On my own behalf and on behalf of my child(ren), I further agree and certify as follows:
1. I have reviewed and agree to comply with any federal, state, and municipal rules, regulations, restrictions, orders, guidelines, and policies concerning COVID-19, as the same may be amended (the “COVID Regulations”), INCLUDING COMPLETING A QUARANTINE OR TESTING, IF APPLICABLE, AT OR PRIOR TO ARRIVAL IF TRAVELING FROM OUT OF STATE, and agree to indemnify the Resort for any claims or damages related to any actions of myself, my children, and/or guests in violation of such COVID Regulations.
2. Neither I nor any of my immediate family members has had a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or has been exposed to anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
3. Neither I nor any of my immediate family members has had a fever, coughing/shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or any of the other common symptoms of COVID-19 infection in the past 14 days.
4. I will comply, and ensure my family’s compliance, with any rules and regulations posted by the Resort related to COVID-19 prevention and safety, including maintaining 6-ft social distance requirements and wearing of cloth face coverings in settings where it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
5. I am in compliance with, and will continue to comply with, the requirements of any and all COVID Regulations, and will regularly check the materials posted by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html), the State of Maine (www.maine.gov/covid19), and Old Orchard Beach at (https://www.oobmaine.com/covid-19-information-page) for updates to the COVID Regulations to ensure that I continue to comply with the then-applicable restrictions and requirements.
6. I will not permit any guests or visitors other than those listed on the reservation, or otherwise approved by the Resort.
7. I understand that the Resort’s regular services and facilities may be limited or unavailable throughout the season as a result of the COVID Regulations and agree to comply with such additional restrictions and/or closures, as the case may be.
8. I understand that any violation of the COVID Regulations or other Resort policy may result in immediate termination of my reservation, and that I may be subject to further penalties.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren) (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my occupancy at the Resort or violation of any COVID Regulations (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Resort, its employees, officers, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence, or breach of warranty of the Resort, its officers, employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after my occupancy at the Resort.