Terms of Service
Cancellation Policy - non event dates:
Reservations cancelled 14+ days prior to arrival we will refund any deposit paid less a $20 admin fee.
For reservations cancelled 7-14 days prior to arrival deposits are eligible to be rolled to a future reservation (less a $20 admin fee) when the future reservation is booked at the time of cancellation. Deposits may only be rolled one time. Future reservation must be within 1 year.
For cancellations less than 7 days prior to arrival date deposits are forfeited.
No call, no show entire deposit is forfeited.
We do not close the campground or cancel events due to weather conditions, i.e. rain, snow, cold or hot weather. The above cancellation policy applies regardless of the weather. No rain checks.
Reservation and Cancellation policy for Event Dates:
The campground makes a significant commitment (food/entertainment) for our scheduled events. Additionally, these dates typically fill up early resulting in potential reservations being lost due to availability. Therefore the following payment and cancellation policies are in effect for all event and/or holiday dates.
To reserve a campsite/stalls for an event weekend payment in full is due at time reservation is made. To reserve a campsite/stalls for one of our week long events requires a deposit of 50% of total with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
- For cancellations 30 days prior to date of arrival a full refund (minus $20 admin fee) will be issued.
- For cancellations 14 days prior to date of arrival all monies paid (minus $20 admin fee) are eligible to be rolled to a future date within 1 year. Future reservation must be booked at the time of cancellation. Deposits may only be rolled 1 time.
- For cancellations less than 14 days prior to arrival full amount of reservation is due and no monies will be refunded.
NOTE: The campground does not close or cancel events due to inclement weather including rain, snow, hot or cold temperatures.
Our Rules and Policies
Here at Mammoth Cave Horse Camp we don’t have a lot of rules – our objective is for everyone to have a pleasant experience while staying with us. With that in mind here are a few guidelines that we ask everyone to follow:
- Quiet time is from 11:00 PM – 6:00 AM
- No ATV's, we do not allow camping for those riding at Blue Holler Off Road Park
- Please keep your pets on a leash and under your control at all times
- Please keep your horse at a walk while in the campground
- Please do not disrespect other guests and their families with rude, obnoxious or unruly behavior. Example: excessive drunkenness or excessive noise
In order that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy their time with us we reserve the right to ask you to leave with no refund should you insist on disrespecting our facility and/or our guests.
Stall Rental and Cleaning
All equines must be kept in a stall. 1 animal per stall.
The use of shavings is optional and shavings are not provided. We sell shavings for $7/bag or you may bring your own.
Guests are expected to clean stalls daily and strip stalls before departure unless arrangements have been made upon check in.
A stall cleaning deposit of $25 per stall is required at check in. Deposit may be made by check, cash or credit card and will be refunded at check out assuming stalls are stripped.
Animals may be taken to the campsite to be tacked up, we ask that hitch rails be used and animals not be tied to trailers on campsite.
Holiday and Event Weekends
Memorial and Labor Day weekends require 3 nights minimum stay. Halloween Weekend requires 2 night minimum stay. Week long events may not be pro-rated; a stay less than 7 days is welcomed however the full rate of the event will be charged.
Mammoth Cave Horse Camp, LLC, Mammoth Cave Properties, LLC Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
IMPORTANT, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT
WARNING – Under Kentucky law, a farm animal activity sponsor, farm animal professional, or other person does not have the duty to eliminate all risks of injury to the participation in farm animal activities. There are inherent risks of injury that you voluntarily accept if you participate in farm animal activities.
As a condition of camping, stalling an equine, trail riding, participating or spectating any event at Mammoth Cave Horse Camp, LLC the Participant(s), together with his/her parents or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years (collectively “Participant”), does hereby:
1. AGREE to obey all safety rules that apply to trail riding and to exercise proper trail riding etiquette.
2. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that Participant understands the nature of trail riding and other equine activities and that the Participant is qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities.
3. FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT THE ACTIVITIES INVOLVE “INHERENT RISKS OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES” THAT MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE AND BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (collectively “RISKS”); and that such RISKS may be caused by Participant’s own action, the action or inaction of others participating in the activities, the condition of the premises at which the activities take place, and/or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW.
4. UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that “inherent risk of equine activities” means dangers or conditions that are an integral part of equine activities, including but not limited to, any of the following: (a) the propensity of an equine to behave in ways that may result in injury, death, or loss to persons on or around the equine; (b) the unpredictability of an equine’s reaction to sounds, sudden movement, unfamiliar objects, persons, or other animals (c) hazards including, but not limited to, surface or subsurface conditions; (d) a collision with another equine, another animal, a person, or an object: and; (e) the potential of an equine activity participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury, death, or loss to the person of the participant or to other persons, including but not limited to, failing to maintain control over an equine or failing to act within the ability of the participant.
5. FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES PARTICIPANT INCURS AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY.
6. WARRANT AND REPRESENT that, if the activity involves equines, Participant is adequately qualified and experienced to both (a) safely handle and ride a horse in a manner to protect Participant and other third parties, and, (b) participate with groups of riders and horses, such as to take adequate defensive action to avoid injury from third party participants and equines. Furthermore, Participant understands that it is Participant’s responsibility to ascertain the adequacy of Participant’s training and experience, the adequacy and training of the Participant’s equine, and for Participant to conduct himself/herself in a manner such as to make the activities safe and enjoyable for all participants.
7. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO PURSUE LITIGATION AGAINST MAMMOTH CAVE HORSE CAMP, LLC, KEVIN B. DAVIS, ANY EMPLOYEE OR VOLUNTEER OF MAMMOTH CAVE HORSE CAMP, LLC OR KEVIN B. DAVIS AND ANY PRIVATE LANDOWNER WHO’S LAND I MAY BE RIDING ON. EACH CONSIDERED TO BE ONE OF THE “RELEASEES” HEREIN FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES WHENEVER OR HOWEVER ARISING AS TO INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OCCURING AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES OR CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
8. AGREE to indemnify, hold harmless and defend RELEASEES from any and all liability, whenever or however arising, from all third party claims, demands, causes of action, suits, judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses of any nature arising out of (i) Participant’s negligent act(s) or omissions during or related in any way to the activities; and or (ii) Participant’s willful act(s) or omission(s) during or related in any way to the activities; and/or (iii) any misinformation or misrepresentations made by the Participant(s) in this Agreement. Participant agrees to pay any of RELEASEE’S costs, expenses and reasonable attorney fees incurred, arising directly or indirectly out of or with respect to any third party claims or associated with the enforcement of the indemnity obligations referenced above.
9. UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that Mammoth Cave Horse Camp, LLC, Mammoth Cave Properties, LLC, Kevin B. Davis, their employees, volunteers and any private land owner are neither the insurers nor the guarantors of the safety of these activities.
PARTICIPANT HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS TERMS, UNDERSTANDS THAT PARTICIPANT IS GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAS SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE VOID, VOIDABLE, INVALID OR INOPERATIVE, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT AS THOUGH SUCH VOID, VOIDABLE, OR INOPERATIVE PROVISION HAD NOT BEEN CONTAINED HEREIN.