Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
I agree and shall cause my children and other member of my registered party, to abide by the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), Philmont Scout Ranch (PSR) (FSB), Family Adventure Camp (FAC), and Philmont Training Center (PTC) Rules and Policies, including those rules and policies posted at PTC or otherwise communicated in any manner by PTC Management.
Family Adventure Camp is a way for both BSA and Non-BSA registered families alike to enjoy the beauty of Philmont and share the benefits that Scouting offers to youth. We welcome all those traveling as a family that includes youth participants, regardless of BSA registration status. BSA registered individuals are always welcome to attend. BSA and PSR are proud to offer this wholesome camping opportunity to Scouts and families to serve youth interested in exploring the beautiful Northern New Mexico landscape.
The mission of the Philmont Scout Ranch is to deliver wilderness and learning adventures that last a lifetime. Those who visit Philmont are expected to do so in a Scouting or family capacity that includes youth attendees. PTC is not a public campground for adult-only groups and such groups will not be permitted unless registered as BSA Adult Leaders with appropriate Youth Protection Training and a background check.
Family Adventure Camp attendees are not required to be registered with the BSA, but they are required to be attending as a family unit with at least one youth attendee under 18 years of age. PTC’s goal is to provide a wholesome, family-oriented camping experience, and it is required that visitors act in a way that accomplishes this goal and protects youth attendees. Any reservation that violates this policy is subject to immediate termination, possibly without refund. Any questions should be directed to Philmont.tTainingCenter@scouting.org.
To accomplish the goal of providing a wholesome, family-oriented experience, the following rules are in place:
- Each reservation must be for either a registered BSA Scouting group or a non-BSA family including at least one youth under the age of 18 years. Adult-only groups will be required to provide support of current BSA registration for all members of the party.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol is not permitted on property. Public intoxication is not tolerated at PSR.
- Possession of unprescribed drugs, or abuse of prescribed drugs, are expressly prohibited in the Philmont program. Individuals or groups found in violation of this policy will be sent home immediately.
- Smoking and the use of tobacco products by anyone under age 18 is illegal in the state of New Mexico, and Philmont strongly discourages the use of tobacco products by anyone. All buildings, tents, and vehicles at Philmont are smoke-free. There are designated smoking areas for those who smoke.
- Philmont and the Boy Scouts of America prohibit language or behavior that belittles or puts down members of the opposite sex, unwelcome advances, racial slurs, chastisement for religious or other beliefs, or any other actions or comments that are derogatory of people. Any form of hazing, bullying, fighting, initiations, ridicule, profane language, or inappropriate teasing are prohibited.
- No firearms, fireworks, ammunition, explosives, or archery equipment are allowed in camp.
- Orchard Circle is a one-way road with a speed limit of 15 MPH – seatbelts are required. Driving in camping areas is prohibited.
- Other than those required for assistance, pets are not allowed at Philmont. Animals’ native to this part of the country are plentiful in the area, and we want to keep this natural environment for all guests to enjoy. The Raton Animal Hospital will board pets at a standard daily rate. You must place your pet before your arrival.
- Camp Quiet Time is from 10 PM until 6 AM. Lights out is 11 PM. Camp check in must occur between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Unless prior arrangements have been made with camp staff, late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entry into camp.
- Philmont does not allow the use of drones for any purpose.
- Motorized carts, other than handicap accessible wheelchairs, are prohibited.
- Clothing must be modest and not contain degrading or profane statements.
- Children must always be properly supervised by an adult to ensure their safety. Camp staff is not responsible for supervising your children.
The above rules above are enforced according to the discretion of Camp Management and Camp Staff. Anyone found in violation of these rules will be subject to being asked to leave the camp without a refund. Please be respectful and kind to your fellow campers so that we can provide the most family friendly experience possible.
Other General Policies
- All campers must check in upon arrival at the Guest Service Office. Check out is no later than 9am.
- Only registered campers are allowed at PSR. Non-registered guests are not permitted.
- Parking at PTC is only in designated areas and is limited to those registered to stay at the camp. Please understand that parking is limited and be mindful of the number and size of vehicles brought on property. RVs are allowed at camp but there are no hook ups available. Vehicles are not allowed in the campground area, only in the designated parking lot.
- Cooking is not allowed in the Deluxe Luxury Tent area and must be done in the designated BBQ area. Be mindful that this is a shared space and clean up after your party once finished so that others can utilize a clean, sanitary space.
- Please clean up after yourself when using toilet or shower facilities. Dishes or laundry are not to be done in the restroom sinks. Let the Guest Service Office know if there are any issues to attend to in the restroom facilities.
- Fishing is allowed with a New Mexico Fishing License and following local regulations. Youth must be supervised by an adult when fishing. Go to https://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/fishing/licenses-permits/ to purchase a license.
- Dispose of all trash properly and keep the campgrounds tidy for others and to protect our environment. Bag your trash and place in bear proof garbage boxes area each night. You will attract bugs and other wildlife if you leave food/trash out in your camping area.
- Luxury Deluxe Tents should be left reasonably clean upon leaving the campground. Please keep your camping area tidy during your stay. No food is allowed in the Luxury Deluxe Tents due to pest concerns.
- No personal tents can be setup in the Luxury Deluxe Tent area.
- No alterations can be made to campground facilities including the removal of furniture or fixtures from the Luxury Deluxe Tents. Leave all kitchen supplies in the kitchen area. Do not open any plumbing, irrigation, or electrical control boxes to make changes or repairs. Please report any issues to the Guest Service Office.
- Music is to be kept at a respectful volume and should be appropriate for a family camp.
- Any damages to BSA property will be the responsibility of the registered guest on file. Guest agrees to pay for all damages caused by any member of their party.
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE
As a participant in a recreation activity, I am responsible for acting within the limits of my ability and heeding all warnings regarding participation in the activity. I will maintain control of myself and any equipment while participating in the activity and will refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to injury to myself or to others.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Boy Scouts of America and its owners and agents from any and all liability to me, my children, my invitees/guests, personal representatives, and heirs for any loss or damage on account of injury to person (including death) or loss or damage to property relating to, or arising out of, use and occupancy of Philmont Scout Ranch property, facilities, and amenities and any dangers and hazards associated with acts of nature such as changing weather conditions; high winds; thunder and lightning; temperature fluctuations; falling trees; tree limbs, or encounters with wildlife.
I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Boy Scouts of America Management, and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage, or cost (including attorney fees) they may incur due to injury (including death), damage or loss of property relating to use of Philmont Scout Ranch by me, my children, and/or my invitees/guests or due to any incidents that may occur during my stay. I understand that, although the Boy Scouts of America Management makes every reasonable effort to provide a secure environment, the security of my person, my belongings, and all persons registered in my party is my sole responsibility.
I understand that I am and remain personally liable to pay the total amount of my reservation prior to my scheduled check-in date, or at such earlier date communicated to me. If I fail to pay the total due, I agree that the Boy Scouts of America may charge any remaining balance (in additional to any damage charges or other amounts owed under these Terms and Conditions) to any credit or debit card on file with my reservation. Any amounts due after 30 days will be subject to the maximum late charge permitted under state law. I also understand that I may not be able to check in to camp in the case my balance is not paid prior to arrival.
The Premises are privately owned, and THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE to anyone for any reason except for those prohibited by law. The Boy Scouts of America Management reserves the right to require any person or party it deems necessary, to leave the campground based on violations of the Terms of Service or behavior management deems inappropriate or disturbing to others. Harassment or mistreatment of our staff or other guests, including but not limited to, racist comments or hate speech, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. I have read this notice and agree to it as well as all Philmont Scout Ranch rules and regulations. In addition, I understand that I am responsible for the actions of all persons registered in my party, including any children, and any guests that visit during my stay. On behalf of each person in my party, I grant the Boy Scouts of America and its affiliated entities and promotional partners the right to include any photographic, video, and other visual portrayals of each person in my party in any medium and for any purpose.