Terms of Service
These rules have been established to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable, and comfortable experience with us at the Wilson’s Beach Campground. We hope that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us.
Our campground is taking the COVID 19 pandemic seriously. It is everyone’s responsibility to stay informed and up to date on the latest government mandates relating to the COVID 19 virus.
For information on the Government of Alberta’s response to the COVID 19 pandemic, please click here.
COVID-19 Quick Reference for Guests
- Stay 2 metres apart from others
- Our campground is strictly adhering to the social distancing rules (if in effect).
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
- Use sanitizer stations located throughout the campground
- Monitor your symptoms every day
- If sick, stay home, get tested, and follow mandatory isolation requirements while waiting for results
- Stay informed and up to date on the latest COVID 19 government response
RATES AND RESERVATIONS
The Wilson’s Beach Campground is open to the public May 15 to September 15 of each year. We start accepting online bookings March 1. We welcome motor homes, fifth-wheels, travel trailers, campers and tents!
Check-in time is 2:00PM, Check-out time is 12:00PM.
If you wish to stay after the 12:00PM check out, please call the office at 403-782-3202 and make a request. If the site is open, the cost is $5.00 from 12:00pm-2:00pm. After 2:00pm regular nightly rates will apply.
Un-serviced Campsites $30 per night, per unit + GST
Power Campsites $40 per night, per unit + GST (limited availability)
Children (under 18 years old) staying in tents in your site is free of charge. Additional units (trailers or tents) are subject to the regular nightly rates.
Rental Rates are for a maximum of 6 (six) people these are the (“Primary Guests”).
Two (2) vehicles are allowed per site IF your site can safely accommodate the vehicles without blocking roadways. If you cannot safely park an additional vehicle without blocking roadways, please safely park the vehicle outside the gates of the campground along RR282. Additional vehicles in your campsite must pay $5.00 per day to park in the campground.
Rates for additional nightly guests (“Additional Guests”) are as follows:
Children under 12: $3.00 per day;
Teens 13-17: $5.00 per day;
Adults 18 and over: $10.00 per day.
Minimum stay – For bookings between June 25 to August 31, we have a 2-night minimum stay. However, we understand unique situations and extenuating circumstances. Long weekends are a minimum of 3 nights.
Cancellations – If you need to cancel, we will issue a full refund (less the $20 dollar booking fee) IF we receive the cancellation request more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to your arrival date. We will issue a 50% refund if cancellation is less than (<) 2 weeks, but greater (>) than 7 days prior to arrival. Any cancellations less than 7 days will forfeit 100% payment. We will not issue a refund after arrival regardless of circumstances. Please cancel your reservation through campspot. If you have any issues doing so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
Payment – We accept Mastercard, CapitalOne, Visa, cash, Interac, and e-transfers. We will not accept any credit card information via email. We do not accept cheques.
We cannot refund for early departures. Guests are responsible at time of registration for all reserved nights unless reservation is changed in accordance with our cancellation policy.
Reservations must be made online using our website. We do not accept email, or phone reservations.
Pets – Maximum of 2 pets allowed per site. Well behaved pets are welcome free of charge.
PARKING AND VEHICLES IN THE CAMPGROUND
As part of the registration process, you will be issued a parking pass. Please ensure the parking pass is visible in your window when you’re parked in the campground.
Roadways in the campground must be clear and easily accessible at all times. This is especially important for emergency vehicles which need clear access into and around the campground at all times.
Please try your best to leave extra vehicles at home or park outside the campground along RR282 (in the ditch) if there is not enough room in your site. This will help to reduce vehicle congestion in the campground. All vehicles parked along RR282 must be out of the way of the road and entrance/exit points in the campground. Please be courteous to the neighbouring communities and drive with care to and from the campground.
The boat parking lot is reserved for trucks and trailers using the boat launch only.
The speed limit is 10km/hr in our campground. We are a family campground and there are always children at play, hiding in the bushes, running to the park, and in and out of campsites. Please be extra cautious and drive with care throughout the campground. Excessive speeding or dangerous driving may result in immediate eviction.
NIGHTLY CAMPING – RULES
1. Check in time is 2:00pm, check out time is 12:00pm.
2. Speed limit is 10km/hr. Please adhere to the speed limit as there are many children at play throughout the campground. Please keep roadways clear in the event of an emergency.
3. Please leave the campsite clean. Remove all household garbage from site prior to check-out. Place all household garbage bags in the central garbage bin located south of the playground. Large items such a broken lawn chairs, tarps, etc. must be taken with you for disposal elsewhere.
4. Gates are locked at 10:00pm. There is a one-way gate to exit the campground.
5. Generators are allowed to run 8:00am to 12:00pm and 4:00pm to 8:00pm unless other arrangements have been made with campground management or staff.
6. All dogs must be on leash at all times while in the campground. No pets are allowed on the beach or in the playground. Please pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste properly. Aggressive dogs will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the campground without refund.
7. There is no lifeguard on duty at the beach.
8. The campground managers and employees are not responsible for any injury or death that takes place within the campground. Campground management and employees are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
9. There is no cutting of trees or bushes allowed at anytime.
10. All children must be in your campsite by 10:30pm.
11. Quiet time is from 11:00pm to 8:00am. No music or loud noise between these hours. No excessive noise allowed at anytime.
12. All visitors must quietly leave the campground by 11:00pm.
13. Showers accept loonies - please bring loonies.
14. There is absolutely no dumping of grey or black tanks in your campsite, in outhouses, or anywhere in the campground. This will result in immediate eviction without refund.
15. Please do not leave chairs, floaties, or anything else on the beach unattended.
16. The boat parking lot is for truck/ boat trailer parking only.
17. Any failure to follow these rules may result in eviction without refund.
18. All guests must be aware of and follow the current COVID 19 government regulations.
19. Camp at own risk.
To ensure the enjoyment of all our guests, we ask you (and your pet) abide by these rules:
- All dogs must be on leash at all times while in the campground.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or in the playground.
- Please pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste properly.
- Aggressive dogs will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the campground without refund. All pet owners assume all responsibility and liability for their dog’s behavior.
- Please leave your site clean of pet waste prior to check-out.
- Licensed Service dogs are welcome in the office/store.
- Please discuss any additional needs relating to your service dog with campground management/staff.
Always supervise your children when they are playing in the campground, on the beach, in the water or boating on the lake.
Please be considerate of your neighbors – don’t walk through other people’s campsites. Use the roadways, lanes and footpaths.
Leave sites, picnic tables and other facilities as you would like to find them.
NO FIREWORKS at anytime in the campground.
Please do not flush anything down toilets except the toilet tissue provided. Please do not throw your garbage into restroom containers. We ask your help in keeping the restrooms and showers neat and clean.
Please accompany all children under 6 to the washrooms. Please report any damage or untidiness in the washrooms to our staff.
Be vigilant about maintaining the security of your property. We cannot be responsible for any loss.
Rules and regulations may be changed at any time without prior notice.
Thank you for visiting!