Terms of Service
YELLOWSTONE PARK CAMPGROUND
POLICIES, RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Check in time is 2 pm and checkout time is 11 am.
- The SPEED LIMIT throughout the ENTIRE park is five (5) mph!
- QUIET TIME: 10:30 pm to 8:00 am.
- Children under 18 are to return to their campsite by 10:00 pm.
- NO SITE SET UP AFTER 9:00 pm without prior approval.
- All fires must be in fire ring and never left unattended!
- OUT OF STATE WOOD IS NOT PERMITTED per Maine Law. Wood is sold at the office.
- No generators.
- All outdoor games are prohibited after 9:00 pm.
- Walking and biking through other campsites is prohibited. Please only use designated paths and roadways.
- Pets are allowed at the campground in most cases, see pet section below.
- Fireworks are not permitted within the City of Sanford by law.
- Firearms, weapons, illegal substances are not permitted on campground property.
- Smoking is not allowed in any campground building, inside pool area, or playground.
- Please keep your site clean and bring all trash to the dumpsters at the front of the park.
- Recyclable beverage containers can be left at labeled receptacles between the dumpsters as well. We ask that garbage or food not be left in our fire rings.
- Please respect the privacy of our neighbors. You are welcome to enjoy the grounds within our property, but do not go beyond marked boundary lines.
- Our season runs from May 15th to September 15th.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to register for a site.
- Reservations will be on a first come first serve basis.
- All reservations are to be paid in full at time of booking.
- Holiday weekends have a 3 night minimum and include; Memorial Day weekend, Juneteenth weekend, July 4th weekend, and Labor Day weekend. Holiday weekends are nonrefundable if cancelled.
- Site policy and base camping rates are for 2 adults and 2 children under 18 years of age. A maximum of 6 persons allowed overnight at one site (4 adults max). Extra-person fees apply.
- 9% Maine State Lodging Tax will be applied to all stays.
- Visa, Mastercard or cash (in person reservations) due at time of reservations. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Advanced reservations are suggested for the summer season and holidays.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Cancellations 4 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund less a $25.00 booking fee. Within 3 days of arrival no refunds are given for cancellations.
No Refunds are given for - No Calls / No Shows*, Late Arrivals, Ejected Campers, No refunds due to discomforts of nature, weather, illness, work schedules, early departures or other events beyond the campground’s control.
*No Shows/No Calls Policy - If the occupant does not arrive or call the park on the first night of the scheduled reservation, the campsite will be held for that night. If the occupant has not arrived at the park or cancelled the reservation by 12:00 p.m. EST on the second day, the campsite will be put back in the inventory and sold. There will be no refunds authorized for NO SHOW/NO CALL reservations.
ARRIVAL, CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
Check-In Time is 2 pm to 7 pm. If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements for a late check-in. Please stop at the office to complete your registration. There is no additional parking available for trailers or cars prior to 2 pm. Please plan accordingly. Reservations are non-transferable. Must present ID and provide year, model, license plate number and state of the vehicles you are driving at check-in.
CHECK-OUT is 11 am. We ask that you keep your site clean and leave it as you found it. The registered party is responsible for any damage incurred to the property. If you are considering extending your stay please check with the office the night before for availability.
VISITORS - Upon entering the campground all visitors must register and pay a fee BEFORE going to ANY site. Any vehicle found on campground property without a pass or without having checked in at the store will be a violation of the rules and will be asked to leave. All day visitors must be off the grounds by 9:00 pm. Overnight visitors must be off the grounds by 10:00 am the following day or register at the office and pay a fee for that day. All visitors' vehicles are to be parked at the front of the campground. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets. Visitors are the responsibility of guest campers. No overnight guests for popup or tent campers.
PETS - We are a pet friendly campground with a limit of 2 pets per site. All pets must be kept on a 6 foot or shorter leash at all times, walked/supervised by a responsible person and you must pick up after your pet. We ask that you do not leave pets unattended outside and keep them from making excessive noise. Pets are not allowed in any campground building Pool Area, Bathhouse or Playground. The rules must be followed, or your pet will be required to leave campground property. Pet owners are liable for injury or property damage caused by their pets. Management reserves the right to refuse to allow pets on campground property if they feel they are a danger to other campers.
EJECTIONS - Campers or visitors found in violation of campground policies may be evicted without warning or refund. Any situations requiring ejections will allow a one hour time period to exit the premises. After this time, police escort will result in the event the site has not yet been vacated. You are responsible for the conduct, safety, and well being of your family and guests.
MAINE INHERENT RISKS OF CAMPING
WARNING - Under Maine law, a camper or a guest of the camper in a private campground assumes the risk of any injury to person or property resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of camping and may not recover damage or damages from any private campground owner or operator for any injury or death resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of camping. The inherent dangers and risks of camping include but are not limited to, changing weather conditions; surface or subsurface conditions, such as rocks, stumps, trees, forest growth or other natural objects; variations in terrain; and the failure of campers and their guests to recreate safely, in control and within their own abilities.
This property is privately owned. The Camper(s) and/or Guest(s) accept camping privileges with the understanding that he/she does hereby release the Campground, its owners and employees of ALL liability for loss or damage to property and injury to his/her use of its facilities, and agrees to indemnify the Campground, its owners and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person of any member of the family or guest(s) of the registered camper arising out of use of its facilities.
By completing payment to Yellowstone Park Campground I agree that I have read and agree to comply with all of Yellowstone Park Campground terms and conditions, rules and regulations as posted in office, website, reservations and/or on the grounds.