What better way to celebrate any special occasion than with chocolate and strawberries (especially when love is in the air)? This easy no-bake Nutella cheesecake parfait recipe is the perfect easy dessert to whip up when you want a sweet treat with your loved one—especially if you’re looking for something to enjoy on a camping trip or picnic.
If you’re a cheesecake fan but don’t have the time or energy to bake a whole cheesecake, then this recipe is for you! This decadent dessert is layered with a creamy Nutella cheesecake filling, whipped cream, cookie crumbs, and fresh fruit. It’s a simple and delicious dessert for Valentine’s Day, or any occasion you see fit.
You can easily prepare this dessert outdoors or prepare it ahead of time and bring on your romantic picnic or camping trip. Keep reading for tips on how to simplify this dessert for the outdoors.
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Parfait Ingredients:
- Cream cheese – An essential ingredient in any classic cheesecake. If you don’t like the flavor or tang of cream cheese, you can substitute with mascarpone or whole milk Greek yogurt. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to mix with the other ingredients.
TIP: If you’re living in a colder climate, stick the cream cheese (still packaged) inside your jacket pocket to keep it softened by your body heat until you’re ready to mix it.
- Greek yogurt – To cut the denseness of the cream cheese without sacrificing the creaminess. You can easily use full-fat Greek yogurt if you prefer.
- Hazelnut spread – Adds creaminess and, of course, the delicious hazelnut flavor. Nutella also contributes sweetness so you can adjust the amount based on your preferences. Add a little more if you like your desserts on the sweeter side.
- Cocoa powder – To add a little extra rich chocolate flavor. You can adjust the amount based on your taste preferences. Adding more will give a darker, more bitter chocolate flavor.
- Whipped cream – To make it easier for the outdoors, use whipped cream canisters you can buy from the grocery store.
- Cookies – peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, graham crackers, Oreos…they will all work!
- Fruit (optional) – Strawberries or raspberries go best with this recipe, in my opinion. It’s hard to beat the berry-chocolate combo. The fruit is not absolutely necessary, but it adds a delicious fresh note to this rich and creamy dessert.
The No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Parfait Recipe
Makes 2 servings
- 2 oz plain cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 1 to 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 to 4 Tbsp whipped cream
- 2 to 4 peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- Strawberries, for topping
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth. Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature before you mix with the Greek yogurt; otherwise, it will be difficult to get a smooth, creamy texture without lumps.
Then add the Nutella and cocoa powder and mix again. It should look like a thick, creamy mousse. Adjust the sweetness level with more or less Nutella and cocoa, depending on your taste preferences.
2. Crumble 1 to 2 cookies into the bottom of a small glass jar or cup. You can use a bowl or plate, but then you just might lose that layered parfait look. Spoon half the cream cheese mixture onto the cookie crumbs. Then top with a layer of whipped cream.
3. Crumble more cookie crumbs on top and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Can I prep this dessert ahead of time?
You bet! Follow steps 1 through 3 above, but make sure the top layer doesn’t go above the top of the jar or cup you’re using. Cover with a lid or food wrap to create an airtight seal. An empty, clean jam jar is a good option for this.
Store in the fridge or cooler for 1 to 2 days. Keep in mind that the cookies will slowly soften and lose their crunch the longer you store this, so try to prep as close to when you want to enjoy it as possible.
If you have leftovers, you can store them in the same way described above for 1 to 2 days.
Don’t stress over a Valentine’s Day or romantic dessert this year. This quick and easy no-bake cheesecake parfait is a great go-to and is sure to impress!
Carlin is a lover of all things outdoors, adventure, and food! She is an avid outdoor enthusiast and enjoys activities like camping, hiking, biking, snowboarding, and surfing—especially in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta and BC, Canada. She combined her passion for food and the outdoors and decided to start her outdoor food blog, Camp Kitchen, where she shares easy, delicious, and approachable recipes for the outdoors.
Image credit: Carlin Frimmel